At Scott Credit Union’s 78th Annual Meeting, the financial institution’s volunteer board of directors was elected for 2021.
Lawrence Haffner, who previously served as the board’s vice chairman from 2018 to 2021, was elected to the role of board chairman. Haffner has served on the credit union’s board since 2016 when he retired from his over 35-year career in higher education administration and technology management.
Haffner is the successor of CMSgt. William “Pete” Hostetter (Ret.), who retired as chairman earlier this year after serving the board for more than 40 years. Hostetter continues his volunteer service in the role of emeritus director.
Additional changes to SCU’s board of directors are as follows:
• Sarah Holdener, formerly director, has been elected as vice chairman. Holdener is employed at FKG Oil Company as general counsel.
• Joan O’Saben, formerly associate director, is now director. O’Saben is a CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
• Dr. Cedric Gerald has joined the board as an associate director. Dr. Gerald is the head principal at McCluer High School in the Ferguson Florissant School District.
• Joy Hayward, who previously served on the board in 2014, has joined again as an Associate Director. Hayward is a Litigation Paralegal at USTRANSCOM.
Scott Credit Union’s board of directors also includes:
• Joanne Carden as secretary; Carden is head of governance, reporting, and St. Louis operations at Bayer.
• Frank Padak as treasurer; Padak is the president and CEO at Scott Credit Union.
• Michele Gehlbach as director; Gehlbach is a PMI-certified Project Management Professional.
• Deborah Lane as director; Lane retired from the IRS after 27 years.
• Christopher Sobrino as director; Sobrino is the treasurer/director of finance at the City of Wood River.
• Mark Witkowski as director; Witkowski is retired from the FBI and teaches undergraduate courses in economics, finance, and statistics.
• Jacob Curtis as associate director; Curtis is a Senior Cloud Security Specialist with Sentar Inc. and Second Lieutenant in the Air National Guard.
• Jessica Haugen as associate director; Haugen is a principal regulatory analyst at American Water.
Scott Credit Union currently has 20 area location in the greater St. Louis area and is headquartered in Edwardsville.