Highland residents are getting a look at the recently remodeled Walmart Supercenter on Illinois Route 143.
The store celebrated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony in the garden center in November. During the celebration, the store presented donations of $1,000 each to the Highland Area Christian Service Ministry, Daley Discovery Playground and the Highland Garden Club.
The remodel includes several department transformations and the expansion of innovations that will help customers save time, including the addition of Online Grocery Pickup and Pick-Up Tower (shown).
The upgrades also complement the measures the company has taken in its U.S. stores to help protect associates and customers from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“We look forward to welcoming the entire local community to shop our new layout, in addition to being able to take advantage of alternative shopping methods with our new Pick-Up Tower and Online Grocery Pickup,” said Adam Walker, Highland Walmart Supercenter store manager. “These innovations come at a time when our community can use them more than ever, continuing to make shopping even more convenient.”
Store Improvements and Customer-Focused Innovations:
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
• Walmart Online Grocery Pickup
• Pickup Tower
• New lighting and flooring throughout the entire store for better line of sight and easier navigation
• New shelving and lower fixtures for improved store flow
• Increased number of products in home, pets, sporting good and hardware.
• Modernized grocery layout, including ready-to-go items in the new deli counter, hot case and all new produce tables
• State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays
• Expanded beer and wine section
• Fully remodeled bathrooms with modern fixtures