Belleville Main Street named quarterfinalist for ‘America’s Main Streets’ contest
Belleville Main Street has been named a quarterfinalist in the 2018 America’s Main Streets contest sponsored by the national small-business movement, Independent We Stand.
The public is invited to vote for a quarterfinalist and move a deserving Main Street one step closer to the grand prize of $25,000.
“Belleville takes pride on the Mom and Pop shops in business for generations as well as the newer businesses offering fresh alternatives to big chain stores,” said Alicia Chillemi Slocomb, Belleville Main Street Committee manager. “Downtown Belleville’s growing loft community and adjacent architecturally significant neighborhoods provides residential living within walking distance of all we offer. And everything comes alive under the lights at night.”
Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle said this is the third year of the contest.
“We are so happy to see the passion and pride these nominees have for their Main Streets and the local businesses that keep them alive,” he said. “Now it’s time for consumers to show their support and vote again to move their favorites into the semifinals.”
The theme this year is “Local Memories. Lasting Impact.”
More than 117,000 total votes were cast for 303 entrants during the nominations phase. The 2018 quarterfinalists in alphabetical order are:
• Belleville Main Street, Belleville
• Benicia Main Street, Benicia, Calif.
• Bridge Street Ashtabula, Ashtabula, Ohio
• Cedar Lee, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
• Clarence Main Street, Clarence, Iowa
• Collierville, TN, Collierville, Tenn.
• Congress Street, York, S.C.
• Downtown Great Falls, Great Falls, Mont.
• Downtown Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Ill.
• Downtown Jeffersonville, Jeffersonville, Ind.
• Downtown Rochester, Rochester, Mich.
• Downtown Smithfield, Smithfield, N.C.
• Downtown Statesville, Statesville, N.C.
• Downtown Tupelo Main Street, Tupelo, Miss.
• East Troy, WI, East Troy, Wis.
• Edenton, North Carolina, Edenton, N.C.
• Fulton Street, Fresno, Calif.
• Hillsboro Main Street, Hillsboro, Texas
• Logansport, Indiana, Logansport, Ind.
• Lost Nation Main Street, Lost Nation, Iowa
• Main Street Covington, Covington, Ga.
• Main Street Hayward, Hayward, Wis.
• Main Street Texarkana, Texarkana, Texas
• Market Street Mount Carmel, Mount Carmel, Ill.
• New London, New London, Minn.
Semifinalist voting continues at MainStreetContest.com through May 27.
The top 10 semifinalists will be announced May 28. The winner of the 2018 “America’s Main Streets” contest will be announced June 4 followed by a “Main Streets Make Us Better” celebration on the Fourth of July, when the winner will announce how the prize money will be utilized.
Contest prizes include:
• $25,000 grand prize
• STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
• Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
• PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
• Public relations and social media recognition
• Special plaque for winner to proudly display
For more information on Belleville Main Street, visit: www.BellevilleMainStreet.net
To vote for “America’s Main Streets” semifinalists, visit MainStreetContest.com
About Belleville Main Street
Belleville Main Street is a not-for-profit organization committed to the renovation, economic growth, and business recruitment and retention of the downtown.