Southwestern Illinois SCORE to offer day of workshops for small businesses
The Southwestern Illinois SCORE chapter is offering a full day of networking and presentations for free to small-business owners throughout the region on May 4, in conjunction with National Small Business Week and the Metro East SBDC.
Attendees will be provided refreshments throughout the day, along with several resources and ideas they can take back to their small business and apply immediately to improve their bottom line.
The SCORE Small Business Day runs from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a free lunch, break-out sessions, business roundtables, attendance prizes and complimentary welcome packets.
The event is at Lindenwood University Collinsville Extension Center at 1101 Eastport Plaza Drive, Collinsville. More details are available at www.swillinois.score.org under the “Take a Workshop“ tab.
Presenters start at 9 a.m.:
• Email Marketing – Bernie Rose of Constant Contact
• Human Capital: Key Trends & Resources – Deborah Bowman, PhD of Organized Performance
• Customer Acquisition – Jeff Morris of Helicx
• Social Media & Other Technology – Amy Thompson of Hy-Viz Marketing
• B2B & B2C Networking – Bryan Buesking of Alliance Technologies
• Small Business Risk Management Issues – Gerald Altepeter, Retired Professor/SCORE Mentor
• Stop Selling: Create “Buying” Environments – Ron Tanner of Confluence
Presentations start at the top of every hour, and no reservations are required.
Southwestern Illinois SCORE chapter is a 501(3)c not-for-profit funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration. The diverse group of volunteers share their business expertise with small business owners. SCORE works in conjunction with the Metro East Small Business Development Center at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. To learn how the Metro East SBDC can help small business, contact the Metro East SBDC at (618) 650-2929 or firstname.lastname@example.org
— From the Illinois Business Journal