SWANSEA — The public is invited to an open house celebrating the debut of a MedExpress neighborhood medical center located at 2524 N. Illinois St. in Swansea.
The event will take place from noon to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17, a day ahead of the planned opening.
As a welcoming gift to the community, the center will offer free sports, camp and school physicals for patients 5 years and up, between May 18 and June 1.
Tours and a ribbon-cutting ceremony are planned on Tuesday.
The center plans to offer a broad scope of urgent care, employer health and basic wellness and prevention services. A full medical team will be on site 12 hours a day, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, with no appointment needed. The center promises timely care – with most patients in and out in under an hour. MedExpress works to coordinate care with other area health care providers to ensure patients receive the necessary follow-up care.
MedExpress services include:
– On-site X-rays, IVs and labs
– Basic wellness and prevention care such as flu shots, tobacco cessation counseling, immunizations and sports physicals
– Treatment for colds, flu and infections
– Minor surgery
– Treatment for broken bones, sprains, strains and cuts needing stitches
– Employer health services including workers’ compensation, screenings and physicals.
Items for the Illinois Business Journal may be sent to Editor Dennis Grubaugh, [email protected]