From Illinois Business Journal news services
The Council of Owners and Construction Associates, Inc. (COCA, Inc) is sponsoring a conference, “Contemporary Issues in Construction – Fleet Safety (Non-Regulated).” It will be held on Thursday, Aug. 6, from 7:30 to 10 a.m. at the American Allied Safety Council, 100 Lanter Court, Suite 8, Collinsville.
Jimmy Tempus, loss control specialist from J.W. Terrill, and a panel of speakers made up of a telemetrics expert, insurance adjuster, insurance producer, an accident reconstruction engineer and a fleet manager, will lead the discussion.
Enterprise Fleet Management, in conjunction with J.W. Terrill, will be focusing on non-regulated vehicles used in the course of business.
The discussion will focus on liabilities of employers:
– That allow employees to use their own vehicles or company vehicles (owned, leased or rented) for any business-related purpose
– That provide an allowance or reimburse mileage to employees using their vehicles for business
The conference will focus on establishing a comprehensive and effective program that will help:
– Prevent and control losses associated with vehicle incidents
– Extend the service life of owned vehicles while reducing unplanned down time
– Increase insurance carrier marketability
The conference will be of particular interest to owners, financial officers, loss control and safety managers and fleet managers who make decisions on vehicle policies for company vehicles and drivers reimbursed for using their personal vehicles.
The cost of the conference is $95 and the public is welcome to attend. Fees include breakfast, refreshments, and all handout materials. For further information or to register, visit www.cocainc.org . Look for the “Summer Conference” under the 2015 Events page. If you have any other questions, contact the COCA Office at (618) 288‑9434.