In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the 3rd Judicial Circuit, covering Madison and Bond counties, this week issued an order pushing back planned hearings.
The courts ordered as follows:
1. All arbitration hearings set for hearing in March, 2020 are continued without the necessity of either party filing a motion to continue and the parties are directed not to appear.
2. All foreclosure settings through April 20 are continued without the necessity of either party filing a motion to continue and the parties are directed not to appear.
3. Law Library/Self Help Center: Staff will continue to serve persons utilizing the law library, but not more than four (4) persons shall be present in the law library at one time.
4. Weddings/Civil Unions: All weddings/civil unions currently scheduled will be accommodated, but no new weddings/civil unions will be scheduled through April 30.
5. Grand Jury: No grand jury proceedings will be held on March 19 and 26.
6. Kid’s Corner Supervised Parenting Time and Parenting Exchanges at the Kid’s Corner are suspended until April 10.
7. The court may issue further orders as necessary to address the changing circumstances surrounding the pandemic and national emergency.
PHOTO: The Madison County Courthouse in Edwardsville. File