The National Development Council is partnering with the Illinois SBDC for the Metro East at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville to bring two small-business financial sessions to the area.
On Wednesday, April 22, local business owners and entrepreneurs throughout the region are invited to attend and participate in “How to Get a Loan” from 2 to 5 p.m. at The Lodge in Edwardsville, located at 231 N. Main St. The session is $10. To register, visit ilsbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/32183.
NDC staff will present a range of topics including:
• What goes in to a loan application
• The 4 Cs of credit
• Understanding your financial statements and the importance of maintaining accurate and current financial records
• Understanding cash flow available for debt service
On Thursday, April 23, local business owners and entrepreneurs are also invited to attend and participate in “Cash Management Basics” from 2 to 5 p.m. at The Lodge in Edwardsville. The session is also $10. To register, visit ilsbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/32184
Topics will include:
• Tracking financial results
• Introduction to financial statements
• Budgeting and projecting for future business plans
• Keeping accounts current and tracking results
These are opportunities for entrepreneurs and business owners to understand the importance of their financial spreadsheets, how to get funding, and discover the valuable business resources that the SBDC and NDC has to offer.
For more information, contact the IL SBDC for the Metro East at SIUE at (618) 650-2929.