Madison County Transit has made changes to its bus routes in the Edwardsville area to provide better service to residents living at the May Apartments as well as SIUE students living on and off campus.
Highlights of the recent changes include:
No. 16 Edwardsville – Glen Carbon Shuttle
- Number of weekday trips at the May Apartments increased from 13 to 19.
- New Saturday service introduced to the May Apartments.
No. 17 Cougar Shuttle
- Simplified and improved service introduced on the SIUE campus with 10-minute service between Cougar Village and Peck Hall on weekdays from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.; 20-minute service from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., and hourly service until 12 a.m. Service on weekends will be available at reduced frequencies.
- New Sunday service introduced to Cougar Village.
- Hourly service maintained at SIUE during break weeks and the summer session.
- Off-campus service to Downtown Edwardsville via Esic Drive will be operated by the No. 22 route.
- Low-performing segments on Myrtle, Randle, and Union have been eliminated.
No. 22 University Shuttle (New Route)
- 30-minute service between the MCT Edwardsville Station and SIUE maintained during the Fall & Spring Semesters via the Esic neighborhood.
- New hourly, weekday service introduced to the off-campus student housing complexes: Axis Apartments (on New Poag Road) and Greenhill Apartments on Century Drive.
- New Sunday service introduced for residents living in the Esic area. Service to Axis and Greenhill will not operate on weekends or during SIUE break or summer sessions.
For specific bus route information or details about any of MCT’s services, visit www.mct.org, call (618) 797-INFO (4636), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.