HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital Highland will be sponsoring an electronics recycling event on Saturday, May 19, in the hospital parking lot.
Residents will be able to recycle old electronics equipment from 9 a.m. to noon. The drop-off location will be located in the far northwest corner of the main hospital parking lot on the campus St. Joseph’s Hospital.
Electronic items that will be accepted for recycling include:
• Computers, Flat screen monitors, printers, cables and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
• Fax machines, scanners, digital converter boxes, cable receivers, satellite receivers
• Networking equipment, server, telecommunications, phones, cell phones, etc.
• Flat screen TVs – all sizes
• Industrial machinery and equipment (including power and gas equipment)
• Electrical, cabling, communication machinery, and equipment
• VCR, stereos, and audio/video equipment (including cable/satellite)
• Home electronics, blenders, toasters, irons, etc.
• Video game consoles, digital video disc player/recorders, portable digital music players
• Non-ferrous metals
• Metal office furniture (metal desks/file cabinets, etc.)
• Air conditioners, refrigerators, and humidifiers
• Old motors, non-PCB type transformers and other electrical equipment
• Car and rechargeable batteries and lead items
• CRT, projection, plasma, and console TVs
Items limited to one unit per household include: CRT monitor or CRT television (glass screen or tube must NOT be broken) and Microwaves. There will be a fee of $5 to $10 for CRT monitors without a tower.
Among the items that will not be accepted during this electronics recycling event are DVDs, VHSs, CDs, cassette tapes, Alkaline batteries, broken batteries, smoke detectors, glass lighting, and any item containing mercury, large appliances: dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, dehumidifiers and refrigerators.
More information regarding this electronics recycling event can be obtained by calling (618) 651-2589.