Bill Clinton, other famous names in this year’s St. Louis Speakers Series
ST. LOUIS — Well-known names from around the world are part of the lineup planned for the 20th anniversary of the St. Louis Speakers Series at Powell Hall.
Officially kicking off on Oct. 10, and presented by Maryville University, the 2017-2018 Series will offer seven evenings of thought-provoking discussion and lively entertainment, highlighted by a presentation featuring former President Bill Clinton. The complete list of presenters in order of appearance includes:
• Oct. 10, 2017 – David Cameron, former prime minister of the United Kingdom (2010-2016)
• Oct. 24, 2017 – Jeffrey Toobin, Supreme Court expert and esteemed legal analyst
• Dec. 5, 2017 – Jane Pauley, television journalist and author
• Jan. 23, 2018 – Robin Wright, Middle East expert, award-winning journalist and author
• Feb. 20, 2018 – Rick Steves, author, television host and European travel guide
• March 20, 2018 – President Bill Clinton, 42nd president of the United States
• May 1, 2018 – Paul Nicklen, award-winning National Geographic photographer
Tickets for the 2017-2018 St. Louis Speakers Series are available now by visiting www.StLouisSpeakersSeries.org or by calling (314) 534-1700. As in years past, the series is being sold by subscription, with subscribers guaranteed admission to hear all seven dynamic speakers. Subscriptions for the entire series range from $295 to $435.
All presentations will begin at 8 p.m. and each is followed by a Q&A period during which the speaker addresses questions from the audience.
“For the past two decades, Maryville University has been proud to bring a fascinating lineup of speakers to St. Louis for each season of the St. Louis Speakers Series, and this upcoming season is no exception,” said Dr. Mark Lombardi, president of Maryville University. “The lineup truly represents a unique opportunity to be enlightened, challenged and entertained by some of the world’s most celebrated personalities.”
For more information about the 2017-2018 St. Louis Speakers Series, visit www.StLouisSpeakersSeries.org.
— From the Illinois Business Journal