The Realtor Association of Southwestern Illinois, a training center for the Illinois Association of Realtors, will hold a real estate broker pre-license course beginning on Thursday, Oct. 9.
The 90-hour broker pre-license course is a mandatory basic course for those who would like to begin a career in real estate.
To begin a career in real estate in Illinois, one must:
· be at least 21 years old or at least 18 years old and receive prior approval from IDFPR (call IDFPR at 1 (800) 752-3275 for more information)
· be a high school graduate or equivalent (GED);
· complete 90 hours of broker course work, including 15 hours of interactive training
· pass the state exam with a score of 75 percent or better
· be sponsored by a sponsoring managing broker in Illinois
The 90-hour broker pre-licensing course runs through Dec. 11. The classes are held on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6 to 9:45 p.m. and select Saturdays from 8:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Association office, 3515 N. Belt West, Belleville, IL, 62226. The cost of the class is $575, which includes the cost for the books and materials, classroom instruction, and the 15 hours of interactive learning.
To register for this course or for more information on the sssociation and real estate careers, contact the office at (618) 277-1980. The Association is also available online at 618realtor.com or www.facebook.com/myRASI.