HSHS Medical Group has announced that Bassim Assioun, MD, a nephrologist, is now seeing patients in Greenville every third Tuesday per month.
His office is located on the campus of HSHS Holy Family Hospital at 200 Healthcare Drive, Greenville, IL 62246.
Assioun earned his medical degree from the University of Aleppo, Syria. He completed his internal medicine residency and nephrology fellowship at St. Louis University. Board certified in nephrology and internal medicine, Assioun is a member of the National Kidney Foundation, the American Society of Nephrology and the American College of Physicians. In his free time, Assioun enjoys tennis, reading and playing musical instruments. He also likes to travel and explore different cultures.
As a nephrologist, Dr. Assioun treats the following conditions:
• Acid base disorder
• Acute kidney disease
• Chronic kidney disease and comorbidities associated (anemia, bone mineral disease and secondary hyperparathyroidism)
• Diabetes with renal manifestation
• Electrolyte imbalance
• End stage renal disease • Hypertension and refractory hypertension
• Kidney biopsy
• Kidney cyst and masses
• Kidney stones
• Nephritis and nephropathy
• Advise to refer when Creatinine is higher than 1.5 or GFR below 60
Visit hshsmedicalgroup.org or call (618) 206-2076.