On Friday, Nov. 3, 2023, over 260 people gathered at the Regency Conference Center in O’Fallon to celebrate HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Foundation’s annual Elizabethan Gala. The event raised over $130,000 for St. Elizabeth’s Hospital surgical services and honored business leader, volunteer and philanthropist Catherine Taylor Yank with the 2023 Elizabethan Award.
The traditional fall event featured an evening of fellowship and fundraising, accompanied by dinner and music. This year’s gala featured music by Phoenix Entertainment and the master of ceremonies was St. Louis Cardinals broadcaster and 2011 World Series Champion Brad Thompson.
“Once again, our community came out in force and made the gala a night to remember,” stated David Garris, director of HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Foundation. “I would especially like to thank our amazing physicians and colleagues who not only come out year after year to support our annual Elizabethan Gala but also give so much to us in the work they do every day. It’s truly an honor to bring our community and colleagues together and celebrate the availability of exceptional patient care here in the Metro East.”
St. Elizabeth’s President and CEO, Chris Klay, shared, “I am grateful for the continued support from our community, medical staff, colleagues and clinical partners for the Elizabethan Gala. The Elizabethan is the signature fundraising event for St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, which greatly assists our strategic efforts to guide the future of health care in our region,” he said. “St. Elizabeth’s Foundation’s commitment to support investments in state-of-the-art surgical equipment will enhance regional access to innovative technologies, providing the latest in minimally invasive procedures, thus reducing recovery times and potential complications.”
About Elizabethan Award Recipient Catherine Taylor Yank: Catherine Taylor Yank is a longtime advocate of St. Elizabeth’s Hospital and has dedicated years of service as a volunteer leader and philanthropist. Taylor Yank served on the HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Foundation Leadership Council (formerly the Friends of St. Elizabeth’s Hospital Board) from 2009 to 2023. Likewise, she served on the Hospital Sisters of St. Francis Foundation Board until July of this year. In 2017, Taylor Yank and her husband Greg Yank donated a $1 million life insurance policy to HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Foundation in support of the St. Elizabeth’s Hospital capital campaign, receiving special recognition in the new hospital’s emergency department. Taylor Yank continues her generous support of St. Elizabeth’s Hospital with Taylor Roofing serving as a perennial Diamond sponsor of the Elizabethan Gala.
Taylor Yank’s service extends to the greater Metro East community. She is a longtime Rotarian and is a member of the Rotary Club of O’Fallon Sunrise. In 2000, she was recognized as the Carl L. Schweinfurth Rotarian of the Year for her commitment to community service. She served as Rotary International District 6510’s Governor from 2005 to 2006 and remains active today.
2023 Elizabethan Gala Sponsors: HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Foundation also thanks the many community sponsors for the event, including:
- Diamond Sponsors: Holland Construction with special thanks to Bruce and Gloria Holland, Jim Taylor Roofing and Vituity.
- Emerald Sponsors: Central Illinois Radiological Associates, Ltd. (CIRA), Donovan Rose Nester P.C., Erlinger Construction Co. Inc., Jack Schmitt Family of Dealerships with Federico Family of Dealerships, North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) and Professional Therapy Services, Inc.
- Sapphire Sponsors: Bank of O’Fallon, TownePlace Suites by Marriott, CEFCU, Korte & Luitjohan Contractors, Saddleback Chocolates, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, Steven Mueller Florist and Southern Illinois Builders Association.
- Ruby Sponsors: Associate Bank, Cancer Care Specialist of Illinois, Chris and Leslie Klay, Henricksen Office Furniture + Design, Ironworkers Local 392, Focal Pointe Landcare Solutions, Lincoln Surgical Associates, Nicole C. Holland Hong – Northwest Mutual, LTD., Sandberg Phoenix and Scott Credit Union.
- Amethyst Sponsors: Cambridge Capital Management, LLC, Carrollton Bank, First National Bank of Waterloo, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 309, Sonnenberg Asphalt Co., Inc. and TWM.
For more information about HSHS St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, visit steliz.org.
About the Elizabethan Gala Fundraiser
The Elizabethan’s history spans over 30 years. Originally known as the “Elizabethan Holiday,” the traditional fall event was transformed into a gala fundraiser in 2012. Since that time, the Elizabethan Gala has become St. Elizabeth’s Foundation’s signature event, raising over $1.5 million for health care programs and equipment.
About Hospital Sisters Health System
Hospital Sisters Health System’s (HSHS) mission is to reveal and embody Christ’s healing love for all people through our high-quality Franciscan health care ministry. HSHS provides state-of-the-art health care to our patients and is dedicated to serving all people, especially the most vulnerable, at each of our physician practices and 15 local hospitals in two states – Illinois (Breese, Decatur, Effingham, Greenville, Highland, Litchfield, O’Fallon, Shelbyville and Springfield) and Wisconsin (Chippewa Falls, Eau Claire, Oconto Falls, Sheboygan and two in Green Bay). HSHS is sponsored by Hospital Sisters Ministries, and Hospital Sisters of St. Francis is the founding institute. For more information about HSHS, visit hshs.org. For more information about Hospital Sisters of St. Francis, visit hospitalsisters.org.