Boeing presented checks to 38 local organizations
Boeing [NYSE: BA] recently announced an investment of $4,000,000 to inspire the next generation of STEM innovators, ensure that veterans and military families have the tools and resources they need to thrive and advance economic mobility in underserved communities.
Boeing hosted its 2023-2024 grant partners in the Prologue Room of Boeing building 100 in Berkeley for a partner convening, networking sessions, check presentation and lunch. Boeing Global Engagement central region senior manager, Chris Bray, announced donations to 38 nonprofit organizations totaling $4 million as part of their partner convening. 2023 investments are focused in the Ferguson Florissant, Riverview Gardens and East St. Louis areas to deepen impact, leverage volunteer engagement and align to workforce needs.
What Greater St. Louis region grant partners said about their partnership with Boeing:
- “The Boeing grant continues to allow the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Winning in Life ® program to reach many students and prepare them with necessary tools to be ready for the workforce environment. We are honored that Boeing is making an investment in the future of our students.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee, founder of the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Foundation
- “The Urban League is incredibly grateful to Boeing for our partnership over the last several decades. Boeing employees have played a critical role in volunteering for our COVID Humanitarian Programs, Save Our Sons, Save Our Sisters and Head Start Classrooms over the years. Boeing has played a critical role in supporting people getting jobs and economic opportunities to advance themselves and their families. The Urban League appreciates the multi-faceted relationship of our two organizations that involves board representation from the company, volunteerism from the employees and charitable support for empowerment programs. Our relationship is the ideal collaboration that fosters long term sustainable growth and upward mobility for our clients.” – Michael McMillan, president/CEO of the Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis
- “It takes a community to build a village and our partners at Boeing’s support is making that happen here in St. Louis. The funding that Boeing provides allows us to help our local St. Louis veterans in need, and we are grateful for the assistance in accomplishing our mission.” – Rebecca Tallman, executive director of the Veterans Community Project
- “Thanks to Boeing’s generous support and internship program, more than 30 of our young women at Girls, Inc. have received real-world, innovative career development training and mentorship to prepare them to enter the workforce and be the next generation of business leaders. We are most grateful to Boeing’s leadership and sincere commitment to diversity equity and inclusion to sustain progress toward gender equality and getting more women in leadership in the workplace.” – Cheryl Jones, president/CEO of Girls, Incorporated of St. Louis
“The Boeing company is honored to work together with our nonprofit partners,” said Chris Bray, Boeing Global Engagement central region senior manager, “We look forward to working together to build communities where opportunity knows no boundaries, where education and workforce development open doors to success, and every individual can thrive”.
Boeing’s grants cover programs and services from Sept. 1, 2023, through Aug. 31, 2024.
The full list of grant partners in the St. Louis Region includes:
- Girls Incorporated Of St Louis
- St Louis Regional Public Media Inc
- Wings Of Hope Incorporated
- Better Family Life, Inc.
- National Audubon Society
- St Louis Science Center Foundation
- The Magic House
- Black Girls Do STEM
- LaunchCode Foundation
- Saint Louis Zoo Association
- Challenger Learning Center Of St Louis
- Create A Loop
- Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
- Ferguson Florissant School District
- Riverview Gardens School District
- East St. Louis School District
- Maryville University Of St Louis
- Project Lead The Way Inc
- The Little Bit Foundation
- Veterans Community Project
- Duo Dogs Inc
- Criminal Justice Ministry
- Arise Equine Therapy Foundation
- St Patrick Center
- Missouri Veterans Endeavor
- The Mission Continues
- US Chamber Of Commerce Foundation
- Urban League Of Metropolitan St Louis
- YWCA Metro St Louis
- St Louis Area Food Bank Inc
- Fathers Support Center
- Beyond Housing
- Employment Connection
- Jackie Joyner Kersee Foundation
- RUNG Foundation Inc
- Wyman Center Inc
- Mission: St Louis
As a leading global aerospace company, Boeing develops, manufactures and services commercial airplanes, defense products and space systems for customers in more than 150 countries. As a top U.S. exporter, the company leverages the talents of a global supplier base to advance economic opportunity, sustainability and community impact. Boeing’s diverse team is committed to innovating for the future, leading with sustainability, and cultivating a culture based on the company’s core values of safety, quality and integrity. Join its team and find your purpose at boeing.com/careers.