Want to help young students sharpen their reading skills over the summer? Provide a safe, supervised place for kids to go after school? Help send a child to summer camp? It’s as simple as stopping for coffee or dining out.
Salvation Army Week will kick-off with a “Dine to Donate” program on Monday, May 15 and will continue through Sunday, May 21.
Seven area businesses will donate a generous percentage of their proceeds to the organization on a designated day. Funds received will help youth in our area through the After School Program, Summer Reading Program and summer camps.
Participating establishments include:
- Monday, May 15: Scooters (Godfrey and Glen Carbon locations)
- Tuesday, May 16: Martin’s Tunes and Eats in Wood River
- Wednesday, May 17: Brown Bag Bistro in Alton
- Thursday, May 18: Santino’s in Alton
- Friday, May 19: Josephine’s Tea Room in Godfrey
- Saturday, May 20: My Just Desserts in Alton
- Sunday, May 21: Bakers & Hale in Godfrey
The Salvation Army notes that it is extremely grateful to these generous businesses for their support, and encourages members of the community to patronize these establishments during Salvation Army Week.