On Sunday, May 7, 2023, Madison County Transit (MCT) will implement a series of adjustments as part of its regularly scheduled spring service change.
In an effort to best serve riders, MCT examines and adjusts its service offerings three times each year. “MCT is continually working to improve upon the services we offer residents and visitors of Madison County,” said MCT Managing Director SJ Morrison. “It’s our hope that even minor route and schedule changes will improve the MCT experience for our passengers.”
One such improvement takes place in Collinsville where MCT is re-routing trips to Mall Street behind Walmart, to provide better transit access to the new home of the Collinsville Food Pantry. A summary of additional service changes can be found below:
May service changes:
- #5 Tri-City Regional: Shift the first two afternoon trips from St. Louis eight minutes earlier. Reduce the running time from Emerson Park to 3rd Street/Canal Street from 11 minutes to 8 minutes, prior to 7 p.m., and from 8 minutes to 7 minutes after 7 p.m.
- #6 Roxana-Pontoon Beach: Reduce the running time from Broadway & Sinclair to IL-111 & Thomas from 7 minutes to 5 minutes.
- #7 Alton-Edwardsville: Reduce running times between several locations in Alton, Wood River and Edwardsville.
- #8 Central Shuttle: Reduce the running time between Alton Station and Central & Union from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- #11 Brown Shuttle: Reduce the running time between Alton Station and Central & Union from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- #21 West Collinsville Shuttle: Re-route select trips to Mall Street behind Walmart to better serve the Collinsville Food Pantry.
For specific schedule details, new timetables are posted online at www.mct.org and will be available at MCT Stations, on MCT buses and at locations throughout Madison County. For details about MCT services, call (618) 797-INFO (4636), visit www.mct.org, or e-mail email@example.com.