On Nov. 29 and 30, Keystone Place at Richland Creek Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care Community located in O’Fallon Ill., will be sponsoring free talks on “Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia: The Latest Advances in Treatment, Care and Research” as part of National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month.
Featured speakers include Dr. Joan Roche, PH.D., RN, a Board Certified Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialist (right) and Dr. Alexandra Lockridge, DPT, a Dementia Capable Care Specialist (left).
Topics to be covered include:
• Forgetfulness: what’s normal and what’s not
• What you can do now to reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s
• What to do when you suspect a memory problem
• Treatments currently available to slow Alzheimer’s, including what to know about a new FDA approved drug
• Update on the latest Alzheimer’s research
• Resources available for dementia caregivers
In-person sessions will be held on Monday, Nov. 29 and Tuesday, November 30th at noon and 5:30 p.m. each day. Depending upon the session selected, a free lunch or dinner will be served.
All sessions will be held at Keystone Place at Richland Creek, located at 1050 Fountain Lakes Drive in O’Fallon, IL. Seating is limited and reservations are required.
The public may register by calling (618) 576-6178 or visiting https://Info.KeystoneSenior.com/RC-NovEvent.