NEW BADEN – Clinton Manor Living Center, a provider of skilled nursing, is constructing an administration addition expected to be completed this summer. The general contractor for the project is D.C.A. Construction Inc. in Breese.
The addition will be the new main entrance for Clinton Manor. The space will have a dedicated lobby to welcome visitors and will have administrative offices. There will also be a secure entrance from the lobby into the existing living areas at Clinton Manor. This adds an extra level of privacy and security for the individuals living at Clinton Manor.
The exterior of the addition will have handicap accessible entry doors and a covered driveway to provide shelter when entering or exiting transportation vehicles. The building’s parking lot will also be improved.
Over the years Clinton Manor has evolved by providing a variety of services to fit the needs of the community. The building has also undergone several renovations. Here is a brief look at the changes Clinton Manor has made over the past 52 years.
• Clinton Manor opened its doors in 1969 as a shelter care facility for 43 individuals.
• In the early 1970s, its license was changed to a long-term care facility and expanded to 69 bed capacity.
• In the mid 1980s, Clinton Manor became a specialized facility supporting individuals with developmental disabilities, and continued to provide a small unit for senior citizens as an intermediate care facility.
• In 1988, Clinton Manor was purchased by Southern Illinois Living Centers Inc.
• In 1990, an addition was built to increase services to 50 individuals with developmental disabilities and 30 senior citizens.
• In 2000, Clinton Manor converted the 30 beds for senior citizens to provide care to individuals requiring more skilled care. They also became a Medicare provider.
• In 2004, they added a separate building to house the Laundry and Maintenance departments.
• In 2018, an addition was built to connect the main building to the laundry room, along with three additional bedrooms, a large shower/bathing area, storage and a laundry/linen area.
Clinton Manor provides long-term care and skilled nursing that accommodates seniors or individuals with high medical needs. A team of highly-skilled RN’s, LPN’s and CNAs deliver person-centered, direct care for individuals recuperating from surgery, stroke or illness. Clinton Manor also offers an in-house rehabilitation department that provides occupational, physical, and speech therapy. Visit www.ClintonManorLivingCenter.com.