The Illinois Department of Transportation is hosting free virtual workshops in January as part of its Building Blocks of Success series for firms interested in participating in the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program strengthening their skills and bidding on state projects.
The workshops are open to all, but some are tailored to specific districts/regions of the state.
The workshop dates and topics are:
• Jan. 19: Improving your Credit Score, 10 a.m. to noon
• Jan. 20: DBE Certification through IDOT, 5 to 7 p.m.
• Jan. 21: What Banks Look for – LOC, Loans and Equipment Financing, 10 a.m. to noon
• Jan. 22: DBE Certification Workshop, 5 to 7 p.m.
• Jan. 25: The Basic Math for Estimating I, 10 a.m. to noon
• Jan. 27: The Basic Math for Estimating II, 10 a.m. to noon
• Jan. 29: The Basic Math for Estimating III, 10 a.m. to noon
Building Blocks of Success will be conducted through April. Workshop information, including dates and times, will be made available through Eventbrite at bit.ly/DBEworkshops. Advance registration is required.
Questions can be directed to the DBE resource center at (312) 939-1100.
Administered by IDOT, the DBE program provides minorities, women and other eligible small businesses an opportunity to participate in highway, transit and airport contracts that are federal and state funded. For more information on becoming a certified DBE and learning more about IDOT resources that are available, visit www.idot.illinois.gov/dbe.