Southwest Airlines is expanding service at St. Louis Lambert International Airport beginning March 11.
Southwest will offer new service to:
· Long Beach, Calif., daily
· Jacksonville, Fla., daily
Southwest’s schedule also includes increasing and returning service to the following:
· Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Fla., goes from two flights to three daily
· STL to LaGuardia Airport and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport goes from one flight to two daily
· Suspended service to Indianapolis International Airport returns with two daily flights
· STL service to Cancun, Mexico, returns as a daily flight
· Service to Montego Bay, Jamaica, returns on Saturdays
“We are thrilled that Southwest plans to add these new destinations for our passengers,” said Rhonda Hamm-Niebruegge, STL director. “This schedule shows Southwest Airlines is committed to St. Louis Lambert International Airport, and we are playing an important role as the airline increases its overall schedule.”
For March 11 to April 11, Southwest has scheduled 82 departures daily (Sunday through Friday) with 78 departures on Saturdays. The airline’s schedule from April 12 to Aug. 16 rises to 106 departures daily (Sunday through Friday) with 103 departures on Saturday.
With this new schedule, Southwest Airlines will serve 47 destinations from March 11 to April 11. Total destinations rise to 53 from April 12 to Aug. 16. For Southwest at STL this will be the second most destinations in any given calendar year.