Argosy Casino Alton will reopen Wednesday, July 1, at 10 a.m.
In a letter to patrons, Steve Peate, vice president and general manager, laid out a long series of changes or restrictions that customers will experience on their return.
“While the amenities our customers have come to know and love may be somewhat limited for the time being, the ability to safely welcome back our team members and guests remains our top priority. With this in mind, we have been working closely with the Illinois Gaming Board, state and local leaders, and public health officials to finalize comprehensive Phase I reopening protocols and new health and safety precautions,” he said.
To meet social distancing criteria, Argosy:
• Has limited capacity on our gaming floor.
• Installed floor decals and signage to strictly enforce social distancing guidelines in areas where lines typically form.
• The number of slot machines and seats at tables games available will be limited.
• Banquet services will remain suspended.
• There will be no large drawings, tournaments, or special events.
• Restaurant offerings will be limited and available only from Hops House Alton.
• Captain’s Table Buffet and the VIP Lounge will remain closed.
• Valet will also be closed.
Health and safety
• Team members and vendors will be required to wear masks and will undergo a health screening each day, including temperature checks, prior to their shift.
• Guests will be required to wear masks except when actively eating or drinking.
• Slot machines will be thoroughly and regularly cleaned throughout the day.
• Sanitizer stations will be installed on the casino floor and be readily available throughout the facility.
“Our returning team members will be trained on these procedures and our guests will see reminder signage about them throughout the property,” Peate said.