S.M. Wilson’s Cochran Receives Alumni Leadership Award
The Construction Leadership Institute at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville celebrated 32 graduates on Friday, March 6, as a part of the CLI Alumni Day and Graduation celebration.
S.M. Wilson & Co. Chief Operating Officer Mark Cochran received the Alumni Leadership Award.
Developed by the SIUE Schools of Business and Engineering, the CLI provides the knowledge, skills and strategies that individuals and companies need in today’s challenging construction industry.
Program Co-Directors Chris Gordon, associate dean of the SIUE School of Engineering, and Kristine Jarden, director of executive education in the SIUE School of Business, oversaw the ceremony.
“The CLI program is designed to align with leadership development needs of the rapidly changing construction industry,” said Gordon. “The CLI Advisory Board takes an active role in helping us continuously update this unique and innovative leadership development program to develop future building industry leaders.”
The Alumni Leadership Award recognizes an outstanding graduate who has demonstrated exceptional leadership and service to the St. Louis area building community. Cochran has risen from project engineer to the firm’s first COO after serving as a project manager, director of field operations and director of operations.
During his 19-year tenure, Cochran has managed more than $500-million in projects throughout the Midwest, including multiple healthcare, industrial and senior living facilities. In 2017, Cochran was named S. M. Wilson’s first COO. He is a 2006 CLI alumnus.
The Class of 2020 graduates are:
– Adam Altmann / Corrigan Co.
– Corey Anderson / BJC Planning, Design, Construction & Real Estate
– Garry Berra / L. Keeley Construction
– Trevor Bickhaus / Drury Development Corp.
– Andrew Bieg / Icon Mechanical
– Robert Breunig / Rhodey Construction
– Street Brown / Alberici Constructors
– Alex Cattoor / Rhodey Construction
– Dave DeBord / L. Keeley Construction
– Janelle Fanning / O’Shea Builders
– Teresa Fechtel / McCarthy Building Cos.
– Katie Folk / Kaiser Electric
– Jason Gasawski / S.M. Wilson & Co.
– Devin Gates / L. Keeley Construction
– Eric Gregory / Corrigan Co.
– Jordan Holtgrave / River City Construction
– Don Jordan / The Korte Co.
– Jason Kuhl / L. Keeley Construction
– Katie Kuntz / Alberici Constructors
– Dave Loomis / Alberici Constructors
– Patrick McElroy / Alberici Constructors
– Jennifer Mucklow / Korte & Luitjohan Contractors
– Tom Parker / McCarthy Building Cos.
– Peter Ratermann / Poettker Construction Co.
– Ethan Renner / KCI Construction Co.
– Travis Schwartz / IMPACT Strategies
– Seth Stacy / Holland Construction Services
– Louis Terbrock / Alberici Constructors
– Brett Timmermann / Poettker Construction Co.
– Rob Truebe / Guarantee Electrical Co.
– Tony Uzzo / Contegra Construction Co.
– Drew Wieser / Wieser Concrete Products
CLI is an executive education program jointly developed by SIUE’s School of Business and the School of Engineering’s Department of Construction. It brings together professionals from many sectors of the building industry.
Since CLI’s creation, approximately 445 emerging leaders and executives have benefitted from the nine-week program that strengthens leadership, strategic thinking, communications and key management skills.