Grafton promises some noise on Saturday when it celebrates its first “Mardis Gras-fton,” a local version of the annual spring tradition.
The party starts at 2 p.m. at Drifters’ bar at 1505 W. Main St. with a Bangin’ Noise Parade. A brass band will lead a group with pots and pan on a march to the Hawg Pit tavern, 821 W. Main St. Costumes are welcome, with a prize for the best.
There will be specials at many businesses in town:
– Drifters: Specials before and after the parade Gumbo – Beignets – Crawfish. Music with Steve Mellas of Outlaw Opry from 5 to 9.
– Hawg Pit: Jambalaya – Shrimp Boil. Music with Jake Weber from 3 to 7.
– Uncle Andy’s Store: $5 off any in-store purchase of $25 or more.
– Wellness by Stephanie: Enjoy time at the spa. 30-minute oxygen treatment with CBD, and a 30 minute Hyperbaric treatment for $100
– White Pelican & Count Me Inn: Book Saturday at The White Pelican or Count Me Inn and get Friday or Sunday free.
For more information go to www.graftonilchamber.com