SPRINGFIELD –The Illinois Department of Agriculture has approved two more cultivation centers to grow cannabis for adult-use which becomes legal in Illinois on Jan. 1, 2020.
InGrown Farms in Freeport and Progressive Treatment Solutions in East St. Louis are now approved to grow cannabis for adult use, bringing the number of cultivation centers in Illinois to 18.
Currently, only cultivation centers licensed to grow medical marijuana can apply for early approval adult-use growth. Social equity applicants will have additional opportunities to apply for cultivation center licenses in an upcoming phase.
The 16 other cultivation centers that have been licensed for adult-use growth include:
• Ataraxia- Albion
• Compass Ventures, Inc.- Litchfield
• Cresco Labs, LLC- Joliet
• Cresco Labs, LLC- Kankakee
• Cresco Labs, LLC- Lincoln
• Curative Health Cultivation, LLC- Aurora
• GTI Oglesby, LLC- Oglesby
• GTI Rock Island, LLC- Rock Island
• IESO, LLC- Carbondale
• Nature’s Grace and Wellness, LLC- Vermont
• PharmaCann, LLC- Dwight
• PharmaCann, LLC- Hillcrest
• Revolution Cannabis, LLC (DBA Ascend Illinois)- Barry
• Revolution Cannabis, LLC- Delavan
• Shelby County Community Services- Shelbyville
• Wellness Group Pharms, LLC- Anna
Adult-use cannabis license applications for craft growers, infusers and transporters will be available through the IDOA beginning on Jan. 7 with an application deadline of March 15.