The 31st Annual Horseradish Festival will be held June 1 and 2, but in a new location.
The Collinsville tradition has moved to Uptown Collinsville on Main Street. The site will have more food vendors featuring dishes with horseradish and more crafters from in and outside the area.
The event, always the first weekend in June, will take place:
– Friday, June 1, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
– Saturday, June 2, from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
A full schedule of live entertainment, for both adults and children, is planned, including a ventriloquist, a magician, a K-9 dog and a Family Fun Area featuring an exotic wildlife petting zoo, a rock climbing wall, carnival games and a bungee jumping area.
Among other event highlights:
– Unique food containing horseradish
– A wine and bloody mary garden
– An appearance by a Clydesdale Horse from Anheuser-Busch (weather permitting )
– Bloody Mary Contest
– Glow Run 4 mile race and a Family friendly 1 mile race
– Little Miss Horseradish Pageant
– Bags Tournament
– Washers Tournament
– A Fishing Derby
– Root games
Go to www.internationalhorseradishfestival.com for more information.