In recognition of February as National Canned Food Month, HSHS Home Care and Hospice Southern Illinois is teaming up with several community organizations to “Cram the Car” with non-perishable food items for charity.
In the Belleville area, the charity is Catholic Urban Charities. In Highland, it’s Highland Area Christian Service Ministry.
For the Belleville area event, food can be dropped off at:
• Oliver C. Joseph Chrysler Dodge Jeep – 3795 Illinois Route 15, Belleville
• Caseyville Nursing and Rehabilitation – 601 W. Lincoln Ave., Caseyville
• Swansea Rehabilitation and Health Care Center – 1405 N. Second St., Swansea
• Cedar Ridge Health and Rehabilitation Center – 1 Perryman St., Lebanon
In Highland goods can be dropped off at:
• HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital Highland at the Main Lobby or Medical Office Building Lobby, or at any one of the below organizations:
• Steve Schmitt Inc. GMC, Buick, and Chevrolet – 12631 Illinois Route 143, Highland
• Tri Ford Inc. – 12610 Illinois Route, Highland
• Faith Countryside Homes – 100 Faith Drive
• Highland Health Care Center – 1450 26th St., Highland
• San Gabriel Memory Care – 2509 Frank Watson Parkway, Highland
Items can be dropped off Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Donations will be accepted the entire month of February. On March 1, HSHS Home Care and Hospice will CRAM the CARS with the donated items before delivering them to the organizations.
For more information about the canned food drive, contact Andrew Wilmes, Outreach Representative, HSHS Home Care and Hospice Southern Illinois, at (217) 994-4124. To find out more about services offered by HSHS Home Care and Hospice Southern Illinois, visit hshshomecare.org.