The International Trade Center at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is planning its 2018 Southwestern Illinois Trade Mission to Mexico, scheduled for June 25-29.
The mission will be led by the Southwestern Illinois Trade and Investment Council, with the full support of the ITC, the Office of Trade and Investment of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Trade mission participants will enjoy private one-on-one meetings with prospective customers and partners.
The customized program is open to businesses from Southern Illinois with an interest in exploring export opportunities for their products and services (all industries and sectors welcome), finding or expanding distribution channels as well as getting first-hand market information and experiencing the business environment in Mexico, the second-largest goods export market for the U.S. and Illinois and the second-largest economy in Latin America.
Services offered to participants:
– Up to four days of customized, pre-arranged one-on-one business appointments with prospective buyers, agents, distributors and representatives.
– On-site interpreters.
– Local transportation.
– Pre-trip briefing sessions provided by the International Trade Center at SIUE and OTI networks.
– In-country briefings by host country representatives.
– Networking events with local business communities, export/import associations.
Travel and logistical assistance
– Preferential hotel rates.
– Logistical and on-the-ground support.
– Continuous follow-up assistance to ensure marketing objectives are met.
The mission could qualify for the Illinois State Trade Export Promotion financial funding offered to small and medium-sized exporters. Businesses can be awarded up to $7,500 in travel cost reimbursements.
For complete details regarding eligibility and how to apply, visit http://www.siue.edu/business/itc/istep.shtml
Deadline for the recruitment of companies is Feb. 23 or when all spots are filled, whichever happens first.
For more information contact Silvia Torres Bowman, (shown) director of the Illinois SBDC International Trade Center, (618) 650-2452