SHILOH — The Realtor Association of Southwestern Illinois, a training center for the Illinois Association of Realtors, will hold a real estate broker pre-license course beginning on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
The 90-hour broker pre-license course is a mandatory basic course for those who would like to begin a career in real estate.
To begin a career in real estate in Illinois, one must:
• be at least 21 years old or at least 18 years old and receive prior approval from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (call IDFPR at 1-800-752-3275 for more information)
• be a high school graduate or equivalent;
• complete 90 hours of broker course work, including 15 hours of interactive training
• pass the state exam with a score of 75 percent or better
• be sponsored by a sponsoring managing broker in Illinois
The 90-hour course starts Tuesday, Sept. 5, and runs through Tuesday, Dec. 19. The classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 until 9:45 p.m. at the association office, 1124 Hartman Lane, Shiloh, IL 62221. The cost of the class is $525, which includes the cost for the books and materials, classroom instruction, and the 15 hours of interactive learning.
To register or for more information on the association and real estate careers, contact the office at (618) 277-1980. The association is also available online at 618realtor.com or www.facebook.com/myRASI.
Send business news to the Illinois Business Journal, email@example.com