SHILOH — The Realtor Association of Southwestern Illinois, a training center for the Illinois Association of Realtors, will hold a real estate broker pre-license course beginning on Tuesday, March 21.
The 90-hour broker pre-license course is a mandatory basic course for those who would like to begin a career in real estate.
To begin a career in real estate in Illinois, one must:
• be at least 21 years old or at least 18 years old and receive prior approval from IDFPR (call IDFPR at 1-800-752-3275 for more information)
• be a high school graduate or equivalent;
• complete 90 hours of broker course work, including 15 hours of interactive training
• pass the state exam with a score of 75 percent or better
• be sponsored by a sponsoring managing broker in Illinois
The course will begin Tuesday, March 21, and running through Thursday, June 29. The classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 9:45 p.m. at the association office, 1124 Hartman Lane, Shiloh, IL 62221. The cost of the class is $525, which includes the cost for the books and materials, classroom instruction, and the 15 hours of interactive learning.
To register or for more information, contact the office at (618) 277-1980.
RASI primarily serves the Illinois Metro East market area, including St. Clair, Monroe, Randolph and Clinton Counties, except for the easternmost townships of Irishtown, Clement, Lake, East Fork, Meridian and Brookside.
— From the Illinois Business Journal