The “Get to know m.e.” campaign has granted scholarships to six students, two from each of its sponsor universities.
The $2,000 scholarship recipients are (identified by numbers that coincide with the picture above from left to right):
– Emily Donovan (5) and Kaitlyn Dixon (6) of Lindenwood University
– Allison Loehr (3) and Kelsey Sutherland (1) of McKendree University
– Katie Terziovski (2) and Allie Sweatt (4) of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Each of the recipients submitted an essay highlighting why they love living in the Metro East. All recipients were required to be a resident of the Metro East at the time of application, enrolled as a full-time student at one of the host sponsor universities and bein good academic standing.
Project manager of the campaign, Carol Bartle, says, “The purpose of this campaign is to positively impact our community. These scholarships are a great opportunity for us to help continue to improve the educational experience for students throughout the Metro East.”
“Get to know m.e.” was created to bring the Metro East communities together, embracing the people who live and work here. It also showcases the many attractions and lifestyle the Metro East has to offer.
Host sponsors of the Get to know m.e. campaign for 2016 are:
– Ameren Illinois
– Anderson Hospital
– Archford Capital Strategies, LLC
– Auffenberg Enterprises of Illinois
– Belleville News-Democrat
– Cork Tree Creative, Inc.
– Gori Julian & Associates, P.C.
– Hospice of Southern Illinois, Inc.
– Illinois American Water Co.
– IllinoiSouth Tourism
– Lindenwood University- Bellville Campus
– McKendree University
– Mathis, Marifian & Richter, Ltd.
– Memorial Hospital
– Robert “Chick” Fritz, Inc.
– Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
– Strano & Associates Real Estate
– TheBANK of Edwardsville
– UMB Bank