HIGHLAND – HSHS St. Joseph’s Hospital has begun offering lab screenings at reduced pricing every Thursday at its facility in Highland.
St. Joseph’s Hospital is now offering wellness blood screening lab tests every Thursday from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. with no need for an appointment or a physician’s order.
Wellness screenings offered through this program include:
• PSA (men only) – $15: Prostate specific antigen measures a specific protein produced by the male prostate, and is used to help detect prostate cancer or other prostate abnormalities.
• Vitamin D – $15: Measures the amount of vitamin D in the blood and possible deficiencies, which can determine bone abnormalities.
• TSH – $15: The thyroid-stimulating hormone evaluates thyroid function and/or symptoms of a thyroid disorder, including hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
• Hemoglobin A1C – $10: Provides a record of the average blood glucose levels over the past three months.
• Lipid Panel – $15 (fasting required): The lipid panel helps determine an individual’s risk of heart disease, ensuring proper diagnosis and treatment for borderline or high risk issues.
“We know that access to services and screenings is a concern for our community,” said Amy Liefer, director of communications at St. Joseph’s Hospital. “We want to increase that access and make it affordable. Offering select screenings to our community at health fair pricing is something we believe will benefit many people.”
Payment for wellness blood screenings is due at the time of service and cannot be billed to insurance. The wellness blood screenings cannot be combined with a physician’s order. Test results will be mailed to patients. For more information about wellness blood screening tests, call (618) 651-2780.
— From the Illinois Business Journal