Skip to content

Roundabout project wrapping up in O’Fallon

O’FALLON, Ill. – Mayor Gary L. Graham says the roundabout at the intersection of Milburn School Road, Simmons Road and Fairwood Hills Road is nearing completion.

There will be temporary lane restrictions until Aug. 31, when the project is scheduled for final completion.

“The new roundabout will make it safer, easier, and quicker to travel through this important and busy intersection,” said Mayor Graham. “I want to thank everyone who made this project possible, including the contractors and all of our O’Fallon residents, who were patient and understanding throughout the entire process.”

The Milburn/Simmons/Fairwood Hills roundabout was 80 percent funded by the federal government through a Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program grant. The remaining 20 percent of the project was funded by the city of O’Fallon.

— From the Illinois Business Journal

Leave a Comment