GRANITE CITY — Madison County Transit will begin service to the new Amazon facility at Gateway Commerce Center in Edwardsville this month.
As part of its regular August service change, MCT will make minor route adjustments to provide better access to employment opportunities and increase schedule reliability, it said.
The changes take effect Sunday, Aug. 14. Highlights include the following:
• The No. 6 Roxana – Pontoon Beach and No. 20 Granite City – Pontoon Beach Shuttle will extend service to the new Amazon Fulfillment Center at Gateway Commerce Center. This facility, combined with another in nearby Lakeview Commerce Center, will create around 1,000 jobs.
• Morning express service in downtown St. Louis on the No. 1X Riverbend Express, No. 5 Tri-City Regional, No. 14X Highland Express and No. 16 Edwardsville Express will be rerouted from Convention Plaza due to a permanent obstruction on 6th Street. The bus stop at Convention Plaza and Broadway will be relocated around the corner on Broadway before Convention Plaza. The stop at Sixth and Washington will be relocated on Sixth Street south of Washington Avenue.
• All trips on the No. 1 Riverbend will travel into the Granite City Walmart to accommodate early morning employees.
• Northbound departure times at Granite City Station on the No. 4 Madison – Edwardsville will shift to :18 and :48 after the hour to improve on-time performance along the route.
• To increase schedule reliability, the No. 16 Edwardsville – Glen Carbon Shuttle will use Center Grove Road after serving Sam’s, instead of looping Cougar Drive.
• The No. 19 Edwardsville – Collinsville will remove the 5:40 p.m. trip to the Maryville YMCA. All other trips to the YMCA on the No. 19 will remain unchanged.
For specific schedule details, new timetables dated “August 14, 2016” are posted online at www.mct.org and will be available at MCT Stations, on MCT buses and at locations throughout Madison County. For details about MCT services, call (618) 797-INFO (4636), visit www.mct.org, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.