Transform Illinois, a statewide collaborative of elected officials, civic and research organizations, is accepting nominations for its second annual Transformer Awards, which promote and support local government efficiency efforts.
The awards highlight government and citizen-led initiatives in Illinois that have improved the delivery of services and infrastructure at the local level, while saving taxpayers’ money. Nominees will be reviewed by the Transform Illinois award committee and will be presented Oct. 5 at the second annual Transform Illinois Awards conference held at the Metropolitan Planning Council in Chicago.
Awards will be presented in each of three categories: Local Government Transformer, State Government Transformer and Citizen Transformer. Nominees should demonstrate they are:
• Streamlining processes to reduce administrative burdens and eliminate duplication;
• Collaborating with neighboring governments to leverage efficiencies and share services;
• Deploying new technology to increase efficiency;
• Developing and using metrics and performance assessment tools to benchmark taxpayer savings; and
• Sponsoring legislation to provide tools for government consolidation.
More information and nomination forms are available on the Transform Illinois website at www.transformillinois.org. Forms should be submitted by 5 p.m. Aug. 19.
— From the Illinois Business Journal