ALTON – The public is invited to attend an open house event for MedExpress’ newest neighborhood medical center, 1704 Homer M. Adams Parkway in Alton, on Tuesday, July 19.
Tours and a ribbon-cutting ceremony are planned. Events go from noon to 2 p.m. Local officials and community members will be present. The center will open for patients on the following day.
The new Alton center will offer free school and sports physicals to patients ages 5 and up as a welcoming gift to the community from July 20 to Aug. 3.
The center will offer a broad scope of urgent care, employer health and basic wellness and prevention services. A full medical team is on site 12 hours a day, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week, with no appointment needed. Patients receive timely care – with most in and out in under an hour. MedExpress works to coordinate care with other area health-care providers to ensure patients receive any follow-up care.
MedExpress services include:
• On-site X-rays, IVs and labs
• Basic wellness and prevention care such as flu shots, tobacco cessation counseling, immunizations and sports physicals
• Treatment for colds, flu and infections
• Minor surgery
• Treatment for broken bones, sprains, strains and cuts needing stitches
• Employer health services including workers’ compensation, screenings and physicals
— From the Illinois Business Journal