High-profile data breaches at Target and eBay affected 70 million and 145 million consumers, respectively. Data breaches cost businesses $400 million in 2014 alone.
These revelations from the 2015 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report have led to a new partnership between Selsius Corporate & Career Training and Alpine Security.
Alpine Security (alpinesecurity.com) specializes in cybersecurity training, emphasizing hands-on technical instruction. Principal/White Hat Hacker Christian Espinosa is a U.S. Air Force veteran who has worked in cybersecurity for over 20 years and has held over 15 industry certifications.
“We’re excited to partner with Selsius. It is our mission to help organizations protect their data. Many organizations are infected for six or more months before noticing intruders,” Espinosa said.
Selsius, located in the Information Sciences Building at Southwestern Illinois College, is taking registrations now for training in all aspects of IT security.
Topics include malware analysis, ethical hacking, digital forensics and security awareness. Certifications will be offered.
IT teams can learn to analyze threats and proactively defend against network breaches in these courses:
• Certified Ethical Hacker Certification Training
• CISSP Certification Training
• CompTIA Advanced Security Practitione Certification Training
• CyberSec First Responder Certification Training
• Intro to Digital Forensics and Incident Response
• Intro to Malware Analysis
• Intro to Penetration Testing (Ethical Hacking)
• Network Traffic Analysis Using Wireshark
• Security Awareness 1/2 Day
To register for any cyber security program go to selsiustraining.com or call (618) 222-5688.
The Illinois Business Journal welcomes business, community and government releases of general interest. Send items to Editor Dennis Grubaugh, [email protected]