ST. LOUIS — Better Business Bureau is now accepting nominations for the 2016 St. Louis Region Torch Awards.
The awards recognize companies and charities that are committed to exceptional standards for ethical business practices and outstanding service to their customers, employees, suppliers, and communities.
Companies and charities in the following counties may apply for the awards:
• Illinois counties: Adams, Bond, Calhoun, Christian, Clay, Clinton, Coles, Cumberland, Douglas, Effingham, Fayette, Greene, Jasper, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Marion, Monroe, Montgomery, Moultrie, Pike, Randolph, Richland, Shelby, St. Clair, Washington.
• Missouri counties: Carter, Clark, Crawford, Dent, Franklin, Gasconade, Iron, Jefferson, Knox, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Monroe, Perry, Phelps, Pike, Pulaski, Ralls, Reynolds, Shannon, Shelby, St. Charles, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis, St. Louis (city), Warren, Washington.
Customers may nominate their favorite companies as potential winners. Companies and charities also may nominate themselves through an online form or by downloading, printing and mailing a form from our website.
A panel of past TORCH Award winners will select the 2016 recipients, who will be honored at a Torch Award event in the fall.
BBB is looking for businesses and nonprofits that others will want to emulate. Nominees must show creativity in their ability to manage customer expectations, provide excellent customer service and resolve disputes. They must demonstrate the ways they inspire their workforce to adopt and communicate their ethics and further their mission. They must embody truth in advertising and help foster ethics within their industry and community.
Benefits for winners include:
• Winners’ names will be used in promotions for the BBB TORCH Awards event in Columbia in fall 2016.
• Winners will be recognized at the event. They will receive a personalized crystal trophy that can be displayed in their offices.
• After the event, winners will receive a Torch Award logo and details on how they can promote their status as a winner in advertising, marketing and on websites.
• Being named a BBB Torch Award winner may add to an organization’s reputation and prestige, confirming the confidence placed in it by its stakeholders.
To be considered, an organization may apply online and upload supporting documents requested by May 30, 2016. Officials must be available for interviews at the company or charity headquarters.
To apply online, go to: https://stlouisbbb.wufoo.com/forms/bbb-2016-torch-award-nomination-form/. The form will allow nominees to upload all supporting documents.
A printable form is available online: https://www.bbb.org/globalassets/local-bbbs/st-louis-mo-142/st_louis_mo_142/documentstolink/torchform2016.pdf. This form must be printed and mailed by the nominee along with the supporting documents.
Consumer nominations can be made by letter or by filling out a form on the BBB website in the consumer section under “compliment a company.” Companies nominated by consumers will be asked to submit their information through the online form or the printable form.
For questions about the form or assistance in applying for the St. Louis region Torch Award, contact Chris Thetford at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 584-6743.