GLEN CARBON – Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois raised $27,500 during its 27th Annual Girl Scout Golf Classic at Sunset Hills Country Club on May 9.
“This was our first time holding our Girl Scout golf classic at Sunset Hills Country Club,” said Jill Gobert, GSSI director of development. “What a nice course and our players had a great time. On behalf of our 13,000 girl members and 4,500 adult volunteers I would like to thank our corporate sponsors, donors, supporters and players for another successful golf classic.”
During the past 27 years, the Girl Scout golf classic has raised more than $828,000 to support girl program development, girl financial assistance and to maintain and improve Girl Scout camps.
2016 Girl Scout Golf Classic sponsors included:
– Junior Sponsor: The Korte Company
– Brownie Sponsor: Siemer Milling Company
– Daisy Sponsor: JF Electric, Lucco Financial Partners
– Dinner Sponsor: Angie Zahn, Broker, Strano & Associates
– Beverage Sponsor: Anheuser-Busch and Pepsi Mid-America, JF Electric, Iron Workers Local 392
– Longest Drive Sponsor: Plocher Construction
– Cart Sponsor: Prairie Farms Dairy
For more information about the Girl Scout Golf Classic or to sign up to play next year or to become a sponsor, call Jill Gobert at (618) 3073605 or email her at email@example.com. For a complete listing of sponsors, donors and supporters, visit http://www.gsofsi.org/ev_golf_tourn.html
From Illinois Business Journal news services. Send items to Editor Dennis Grubaugh, firstname.lastname@example.org