Pictured from left: Madison County Chief Judge Dave Hylla; David Stoecklin, executive director, Madison County Employment and Training; Becky Nelson, volunteer coordinator; Terry Lane, director, Career and Veteran Services, Lewis and Clark Community College; Bill Gagen, director, Workforce Development, Southwestern Illinois Community College; Associate Judge Maureen Schuette, (family division); Ann Callis, chair and attorney at Goldenberg Heller; Associate Judge Janet Heflin, presiding judge, Family Division, Associate Judge Sarah Smith (family division); Lyn Kuttin, regional manager, Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services; Tyler Wilke, chief, Child Support Division, Madison County; Valorie Harris, associate dean, Adult Education, Lewis and Clark Community College; Nathaniel Carrol, attorney, Arch City Defenders.
From Illinois Business Journal news services
EDWARDSVILLE – Chief Judge Dave Hylla says the Madison County Accountability Court will launch at 3 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 9, at the Madison County Courthouse.
The court will assist parents who are willing to pay child support but unable to fulfill their obligation due to certain common barriers to employment and financial stability.
The Madison County Accountability Court will partner with local community colleges, Madison County Employment Services, and the Madison County State’s Attorney’s Office, to identify common barriers and connect participants to community agencies that can provide support for these individuals and the families they support.
Community partners will offer assistance with employment, job placement, and coordination for veterans, resume and interview assistance, transportation and skills development.
The Accountability Court will seek to engage local business leaders in order to pursue employment opportunities and eventual placement of participants.
Members of the committee:
• Ann Callis, attorney, Goldenberg Heller Antognoli, chair
• Dave Hylla, chief judge, Madison County
• Robert Plummer, president, R.P. Lumber
• Jennifer Mudge, first assistant state’s attorney, Madison County
• Tyler Wilke, chief of Child Support Division, Madison County
• Stephanie King, King Law Firm, LLC
• David Stoecklin, executive director, Madison County Employment & Training
• Clarissa Gaff, managing attorney, Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation
• Dr. Linda Chapman, vice president, Academic Affairs Lewis and Clark Community College
• Terry Lane, director, Career & Veteran Services, Lewis and Clark Community College
• Janet Fontenot, dean Business Division, Southwestern Illinois Community College
• Bill Gagen, director, Workforce Development, Southwestern Illinois Community College
• Nathaniel Carrol, attorney, Goldenberg, Heller Antognoli
• Omar Malik, attorney, Goldenberg, Heller, Antognoli