From Illinois Business Journal news services
BELLEVILLE – The Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce and Mathis, Marifian & Richter, Ltd. are welcoming local business owners and operators to participate in their first Business Essentials Short Course, to be held Wednesday, Nov.18, from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Fischer’s Restaurant, 2100 W. Main St., Belleville
The seminar will discuss tips and trends for growing and developing business. A continental breakfast will be included.
The event includes:
– The Evolution of the Business Plan: Patrick McKeehan, Illinois Metro-East SBDC at SIUE and East St. Louis, on planning for your business and staying abreast of your opportunities
– Business Insurance Needs: Andy Bridgeman, Owner, Bridgeman Insurance Agency, on what every business owner needs to know about their policies.
– Business Financing: Steve Grelle, business development officer, St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
– Marketing & Technology for your Business: TOKY Branding and Design, the importance of using technology to market and grow your business
– Business Transition Planning and Essential Issues in Selling Your Business: Kevin Richter, attorney, shareholder and vice president, Mathis, Marifian & Richter, Ltd, on issues to consider in transitioning your business to the next generation or for selling.
– The Metro East Economy: Terry Beach, executive director, St. Clair County Intergovernmental Grants, on regional trends that affect your business.
Registration fees are $30 for members and $45 for non-members. Deadline for registration is Nov. 10. Contact The Greater Belleville Chamber of Commerce for information, (618) 233-2015.
Register online at www.bellevillechamber.org