Mathis tours 95th House District to announce candidacy for state rep
From Illinois Business Journal news services
GILLESPIE – A longtime Macoupin County Democrat will make his rounds today (Thursday) to announce his candidacy for state representative in the 95th Legislative District.
Mike Mathis (right), who is Macoupin circuit clerk and president of the Illinois Democratic County Chairmen’s Association, is stopping in Christian, Macoupin, Montgomery and Madison counties — the counties that make up the district.
Republican and Democrat residents and elected officials will join Mathis to express their support as he officially kicks off his campaign.
Mathis’ schedule includes:
– 10:30 a.m. – Kitchell Park in Pana
– Noon – West School at 300 N. Elevator St. in Taylorville
– 2:30 p.m. – Montgomery County Courthouse at 120 N. Main St. in
– 3:45 p.m. – Worden Village Hall at 115 E. Wall St. in Worden
– 5:30 p.m. – Gillespie City Hall at 115 N. Macoupin St. in Gillespie