From Illinois Business Journal news services
EDWARDSVILLE – State Sen. Bill Haine and state Rep. Dan Beiser, both Democrats from Alton, will play host to a free veterans fair from 1 to 4 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 15, at Edwardsville American Legion Post 199.
“There are many veterans services available but it can difficult to navigate them all. We want to bring these programs and organizations together under one roof to better serve our veterans,” Haine said.
“This is a streamlined opportunity for veterans to ask questions, get resources and explore career paths. We want to ensure veterans can access the benefits they have earned though their service to our country,” Beiser added.
The fair is aimed to provide career and educational opportunities for former service members as well as care and benefit information from public and private programs.
The veterans fair features:
• Information and services from state programs: Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Illinois Department of Employment Security, State Treasurer and Attorney General
• Madison County Veterans Assistance Commission
• Service dog provider: This Able Veteran
• College veteran service offices and the Illinois Student Assistance Commission
• Local organizations and programs
Food and refreshments will also be provided.
Haine asks that those interested visit www.SenatorHaine.com or call (618) 465-4764 to register.