From Illinois Business Journal news services
EDWARDSVILLE – Southern Illinois University Edwardsville’s School of Business has opened registration for its 2015 Project Management Symposium.
The event is 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20, at the Morris University Center on the SIUE campus. The annual one-day event focuses on cultivating the art and science of project management.
Project management professionals from more than 120 different companies in the St. Louis metropolitan area will participate.
The day will open with Maggie Hales, executive director of the CityArchRiver Project, who will speak on stakeholder engagement.
Hour-long morning and afternoon breakout sessions will provide a range of topic choices. Breakout sessions are led by area expert project management professionals, and often include SIUE faculty specialists. Topics include:
· The Science of People Management
· Best Practices in Large Program Management: A Case Study
· Ask the PM Experts Panel
· Cyber Security
· Driving Project Results with Change Management
· Carrots and Sticks: Your project teams are motivated, but what about your project managers?
· The “Softer Side” of Project Management
· Evolving the PMO: From project and program to portfolio management
· Using Advanced Risk Management to advance your projects
· Certifications 101
To register, visit siue.edu/business/executive_education/symposia or call (618) 650-5440.