EDWARDSVILLE – The economics and finance graduate program within the Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Business is ranked 12th in The Financial Engineer’s 2015 Financial Economics Rankings released this week.
“It is always rewarding to see the hard work and dedication of our faculty and students recognized,” said John Navin, interim dean of the School of Business. “There are certainly a number of other prestigious schools on the list, and it is an honor to be listed among them.”
“This ranking is a reflection of our commitment to excellence in graduate education and to our students by offering them advanced degree programs in leading fields,” said Parviz Ansari, provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs. “This endorses the national reputation of our School of Business.”
Overall scores are based on the program’s acceptance rate, incoming students’ undergraduate GPA and GMAT scores, employment after graduation and starting salary.
The 2015 financial economics rankings follow:
1) Columbia University Financial Economics
2) Brandeis University International Economics and Finance
3) University of California-Santa Cruz Applied Economics and Finance
4) California Lutheran University Quantitative Economics
5) University of Buffalo Financial Economics
6) University of Detroit-Mercy Financial Economics
7) Saint Louis University Applied Financial Economics
8) University of Colorado – Denver Economics and Finance
9) Ohio University Financial Economics
10) West Texas A&M Finance and Economics
11) University of Maine Financial Economics
12) SIUE Economics and Finance
The Financial Engineer conducts a wide range of business school rankings including MBA and master’s of financial engineering. This was the initial ranking of financial economics programs.