The St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission honored eight Hospitality Super Heroes at its annual meeting at America’s Center on Friday, Sept. 19.
ST. LOUIS – Eight Hospitality Super Heroes were honored in the St. Louis region during the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission 2014 Annual Meeting Luncheon and Hospitality Hero Recognition Program held Friday, Sept. 19 in the Ferrara Theatre at America’s Center.
St. Louis CVC President Kathleen “Kitty” Ratcliffe served as emcee. On hand for the event was St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay, and St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley as well as a host of other local government leaders, dignitaries and business people from a wide range of hospitality-related industries.
Developed to stimulate and reward exceptional service provided by hospitality industry employees, the St. Louis CVC’s Hospitality Hero Recognition Program honors front line workers who best exemplify the region’s ongoing commitment to great service. Nominations were solicited from management of hospitality industry companies and judged by a panel of customer service experts. The 2014 Hospitality Super Heroes are:
• John Keating, guest service lead, Hampton Inn St. Louis-Downtown at the Gateway Arch
• Jessie Miller, buffet server, Lumiere Place Casino & Hotels
• Alice Ransom, visitor service attendant, Missouri Botanical Garden
• Gerry White, doorman, Union Station Hotel, A Double Tree by Hilton
• Scott Sparks, ground transportation enforcement supervisor, Whelan Security at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
• Augusta Bruce, guest service agent, Drury Inn Union Station
• Quinton Wines, front desk agent, Parkway Hotel
• Peggy Meisch, general manager, The Pasta House Co. – Clocktower
St. Louis Hospitality All-Stars honored
In addition, the Convention & Visitors Commission also honored community and business partners who served as exceptional collaborators in assisting St. Louis CVC in gaining business and advancing projects. The Hospitality All-Stars are:
• Maggie Hales, CityArchRiver
• Jared Boyd (accepting for Tishaura Jones), St. Louis City Treasurer’s Office
• Denny Coleman, St. Louis Economic Development Corp.
• Joe Reagan, St. Louis Regional Chamber
• Kim Tucci, St. Louis Civic Pride Foundation
Additionally, County Executive Dooley was recognized for his many years of service to the community and, especially, the hospitality industry.
The St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission is the sales and marketing organization responsible for marketing St. Louis City and St. Louis County as a convention and meeting site and as a leisure travel destination. In addition, the CVC manages and operates the America’s Center Convention Complex®, which includes 502,000 square feet of prime exhibit space, a 28,000 square-foot ballroom, the 67,000-seat Edward Jones Dome, the 1,400-seat Ferrara Theatre and the St. Louis Executive Conference Center. For more information, visit www.explorestlouis.com.