Groups to meet in Bunker Hill to address smart grid, how to cut utility costs
BUNKER HILL – The Citizens Utility Board, Faith in Place and Elevate Energy will play host to a free presentation to teach Illinois consumers about sustainability, energy efficiency, upgrades to the power grid and how to cut utility costs.
The presentations will occur in two sessions: 12:30 to 1 p.m. and at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 23, at Bunker Hill City Hall, 801 S. Franklin St.
Visitors need only attend one session, and they should register by calling CUB at 1 (877) 782-7005.
The three organizations will give consumers information on:
– Choices in the electric and gas markets
– Updates to the power grid
– New pricing programs available after the installation of digital “smart meters” across Illinois
– Issues of ecology and economy in churches.
– Basic building science
– Energy efficiency programs and incentives
– CUB Energy Saver, www.CUBenergysaver.com, a free online service that has helped consumers cut energy bills by an average of more than $100 a year.
For more information, call CUB’s Consumer Hotline at 1 (800) 669-5556 or visit CUB’s award-winning website, www.CitizensUtilityBoard.org.
Faith in Place aims to inspire religious people of diverse faiths to care for the earth through connection, education and advocacy. Since 1999, it has partnered with more than 900 congregations in Illinois.
Elevate Enery designs and implements efficiency programs that aim to lower costs, protect the environment, and ensure the benefits of energy efficiency reach those who need them most. For more information, visit www.ElevateEnergy.org.