COLLINSVILLE – A town hall meeting set for Thursday is one of three planned by the state to answer questions about various components of the medical marijuana program.
The meeting is set for 9:30 a.m. at the Kenneth Hall State Regional Office Building, 1102 Eastport Plaza Drive, Collinsville.
The questions will deal with the process for applying:
– As a patient/caregiver (through the Department of Public Health);
– For a cultivation center license (through the Department of Agriculture); or
– For a dispensary license (through the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation).
Other meetings are planned:
– Monday, Aug. 18, at 11 a.m., at Peoria Public Library, 107 NE Monroe St., Peoria;
– Wednesday, Aug. 20, 10 a.m. Northeastern Illinois University, Alumni Hall (North), Student Union Building, 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago.
The state continues to accept comments and questions about the application process and program implementation. If you send your comments and questions to the appropriate e-mail address below, the state will attempt to address as many issues as possible through the FAQ page on mcpp.illinois.gov.
The contact information is:
Department of Agriculture – Cultivation Centers
Send comments to AGR.MedicalCannabis@illinois.gov
Department of Financial and Professional Regulation – Dispensaries
Send comments to FPR.MedicalCannabis@illinois.gov
Department of Public Health – Patients and Caregivers
Send comments to DPH.MedicalCannabis@illinois.gov
Department of Revenue
Send comments to Rev.MCPP@illinois.gov