Local Business Headlines
- SIU board approves first actions to address failing water system on Edwardsville campus
- U.S. Steel clarifies comments by CEO regarding worker recalls
- Ameren Illinois says electric rates will decrease in 2017
- OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center names endoscopy nurse manager
- Leader of theft ring operating around Metro East pleads guilty
- HeplerBroom firm adds four associate attorneys
- SIUE’s Butler to become chair-elect on panel of national college pharmacy association
- Timely advice helps Edwardsville resident open beauty boutique
Hoffman promoting holiday food drive for Belleville pantry
BELLEVILLE – State Rep. Jay Hoffman, D-Swansea, is working with local businesses and organizations to collect non-perishable food and other items for the Community Interfaith Food Pantry.
Residents looking to participate can drop off their goods at the following locations: Hoffman’s constituent service office located at 312 S. High St. in Belleville; the Programs and Services for Older Persons Center located at 201 N. Church St. in Belleville; the Belleville Chamber of Commerce located at 216 E. A St. in Belleville, Bel-Air Bowl located at 200 S. Belt St. in Belleville; Tavern on Main located at 301 E. Main St. in Belleville, 4204 Brewing Co. located at 4204 W. Main St. in Belleville.
Hoffman welcomes donations of non-perishable food such as box meals like hamburger helper, canned foods such as beans or tuna and other staples such as flour, rice, peanut butter, sugar, pancake mix and cereals. There is also a need for personal hygiene items such as soap, razors or feminine hygiene products.
“The holidays are a great time to count our blessings and share them with others,” Hoffman said. “As you prepare for your holiday celebrations with friends and family, please keep in mind the struggles of others in our community and the easy ways you can make a difference.”
Southwestern Madison County Chamber announces its newest members
Southwestern Madison County Chamber of Commerce, based in Granite City, has announced its newest members.
- Gateway Legacy Christian Academy, 544 Niedringhaus, Granite City, IL 62040
- Unique Personnel Consultants, Jessica Vasiloff, 3701-D Nameoki Road, Granite City, IL 62040
- Paycom , Nino Smith, 2 CityPlace, suite 370, Creve Coeur, MO. 63141
- Marshall Wireless, Ben Watson, 3405 B Nameoki Road, Granite City, IL 62040
- Highland Animal Shelter, Mary Parker, 510 Monroe, Highland, IL. 62249
- Commerce Bank, Matt Gomric, 5701 W. Main St., Belleville, IL 62226
- New Opportunities, Inc., Kim Fears, 1510 W. Seventh St., Granite City, IL 62040
- Throttlenet, Erin Janek, 9201 Watson Road, Suite 350, St. Louis, MO. 63126
- Besserman Law Office, LLC, Deborah Besserman, 2301 Pontoon Road, Granite City, IL 62040
- Lascelles - Granite City, Melissa Callis, 1324 Niedringhaus Ave., Granite City, IL 62040
Greater Gateway Realtors donate to food pantries
GLEN CARBON — The Greater Gateway Association of Realtors donated $7,400 to local food pantries, as a result of the Taste of GGAR event held this fall at the Moose Lodge in Edwardsville.
The organizations assisted through this effort were the Bond County Food Pantry, Collinsville Food Pantry, Community Hope Center (Cottage Hills), Crisis Food Center (Alton), Litchfield Food Pantry, Livingston/Williamson Community, Maryville Food Pantry, Ministries Unlimited (Troy), New Creation Food Pantry (Granite City), and Staunton Food Pantry.
The event was sponsored by the Affiliate Business Partners with music provided by DJ Scott Gruber.
The Greater Gateway Association of Realtors serves 1,100 Realtor and affiliate members in the southwestern Illinois region including the counties of Bond, Calhoun, Fayette, Jersey, Macoupin, Madison, Monroe, and Montgomery.
RiverBend Growth Association announces new members
GODFREY — RiverBend Growth Association has announced its newest members:
• Confluence Business Advisors – Alton
• Paychex, Inc. – Alton
The Growth Association is the chamber of commerce and economic development organization for the 11 communities known as the River Bend. Visit www.growthassociation.com or call (618) 467-2280.