Local Business Headlines
- SIUE expands 2+2 agreements with Southwestern Illinois College
- Family nurse joins Central Alton Health Center and Bethalto Health Center
- Metro lays out plans for Veiled Prophet Parade, Fair Saint Louis
- Village of Worden, Long Lake Fire Department receive vehicles from Madison County
- Retail giant introduces Walmart Pay in Illinois stores
- New USA Mortgage Office in O’Fallon eyeing $100 million in loan volume by end of 2017
- Beiser sponsors measure to establish Child Bereavement Leave Act
- Governor, mayors urge passage of stopgap budget, education funding
CNB Bank & Trust plans night at Busch Stadium
CNB Bank & Trust branches are again offering discounted tickets for sale for the official CNB Night at Busch Stadium, Saturday night July 16, the St. Louis Cardinals versus the Miami Marlins.
The game is a Cardinal promotional game and the first 30,000 fans over 16 years of age will receive a 2006 World Series Championship "mystery player's ring."
Tickets are on sale for $30 each. The face value of the tickets is $58.
All proceeds of the ticket sales will be shared with local area charities. Each branch has selected a charity of choice.
Fans can stop in any local CNB Bank & Trust branch or visit online at CNBIL.COM to buy tickets.
The charities are:
- Alton, Boys & Girls Club
- Brighton, St. Paul’s United Methodist Church Food Pantry
- Carlinville, Food Pantry
- Carrollton, second-grade class, Carrollton Grade School
- Hillsboro, Montgomery County Cancer Association
- Jacksonville, Prairie Council on Aging
- Jerseyville, CASA
- Pittsfield, Pike County Little League
- Shipman, Martha's Food Pantry
- Taylorville, The Shadow Home
HSHS Medical Group hosting Biggest Loser Community Challenge
Hospital Sisters Health System kicked off The Biggest Loser Community Challenge Tuesday with live events in Springfield and O’Fallon, Ill.
HSHS Medical Group outreach representative Sonya Jones and The Biggest Loser trainer Dolvett Quince encouraged enthusiastic audiences to pursue personal health and wellness goals.
Participants were inspired to support one another as they develop healthier lifestyles. Quince and Jones also offered practical advice on exercise routines, food choices and mental health.
“The launch events were a wonderful ‘jumping off’ point for all of us,” said Jones. “Now nearly 600 participants throughout central and southern Illinois will continue through the eight-week challenge. I am very excited to see how people will not just start, but continue their journey to health and wellness.”
“The enthusiasm of the crowd, the cheers, the 45-minute waiting line for selfies with Dolvett and Sonya and the determined glow on the faces of the participants is truly a testament to the power we have inside ourselves to improve our lives and the communities we serve,” said Loren Hughes, MD, president of HSHS Medical Group. “HSHS Medical Group takes pride in making a personal investment in the lives and health of our neighbors, friends and colleagues. We are excited to bring the entire HSHS family together for such a great cause.”
Community members are invited to join the online challenge, designed for individuals of all fitness levels. For a list of upcoming live events and to register, visit www.hshschallenge.com.
RiverBend Growth Association announces new members
GODFREY — RiverBend Growth Association has announced its newest members.
• Amare, NFP – East Alton
• Chris B's Culinary Creations LLC – Bethalto
• Fitness for the Soul – Alton
• Midwest Basement Tech – Brighton
• Mosquito Joe of Madison County – Granite City
• Olga's Kitchen – Alton
• Walmart – Godfrey
The RiverBend Growth Association is the chamber of commerce and economic development organization for the 11 communities known as the River Bend.
New members join Southwestern Madison County Chamber
GRANITE CITY -- The newest members of the Southwestern Madison County Chamber of Commerce have been announced.
Commerce Bank ~ Matt Gomric
5701 W. Main St., Belleville, IL 62226
New Opportunities, Inc. ~ Kim Fears
1510 W. Seventh St., Granite City, IL 62040
Throttlenet ~ Erin Janek
9201 Watson Road, Suite 350, St. Louis, MO. 63126
Besserman Law Office, LLC ~ Deborah Besserman
2301 Pontoon Road, Granite City, IL 62040
Lascelles - Granite City ~ Melissa Callis
1324 Niedringhaus Ave., Granite City, IL 62040